A Christmas Story, a nostalgic view of Christmastime in Indiana during the 1940s, stars Peter Billingsley as Ralphie, a nine-year-old who has only one thing on his Christmas list: a Red Ryder Carbine-Action 200-Shot Air Rifle.
With his parents unwilling to buy him the gun because he might “shoot his eye out,” Ralphie decides to mount a full-scale, hint-dropping, Santa-begging campaign. He also endures a slew of calamities from snowsuit paralysis to the dreaded tongue-on-a-frozen-flagpole gambit.
The New York Times calls A Christmas Story, “maybe the best Christmas movie ever.”
- Feature film (Widescreen)
- Commentary with Peter Billingsley and director/ co-writer Bob Clark
- Original readings by Jean Shepard, author and voice narrator of A Christmas Story
- Documentary: Another Christmas Story
- Featurette: Get a Leg Up
- Featurette: A History of the Daisy Red Ryder
- Triple Dog Dare Interactive Trivia
- Decoder Match Challenge
- Hidden “Presents”
- Original theatrical trailer